The Coming Out Tag

June 01, 2020


It's pride month!! My first pride month really out! Tho I never really "hid" my sexuality online, this is my first pride month since I officially said "Hello! I'm Queer!" so I've very excited! To kick off the month I wanted to do the coming out tag.



1. What do you identify as?

Demisexual and Panromantic. 




2. How did you discover your sexuality?

It was quite the struggle. When puberty started I started to like girls and it took a while to accepted about myself. Once I did I thought I was a lesbian for a while. That I only thought I liked boys because I was told I did. But finally, I realized I just really liked all people and that people are beautiful and that I don't care what someone's gender is. 




3. Who was the first person you told?

My sister.




4. Describe what it was like coming out.

For a few years, I was really nervous. Now I really don't care.




5. If you’re out, How did your parents/guardians/friends react when you told them?

My sister was really supportive, my mom tried to deny it and still does a little. I haven't told my dad and probably won't. As for friends, I don't really have any real friends at the moment but I have a whole post about it in the works. But I wouldn't be friends with someone who didn't accept the LGBTQ+ community.





6. What is one question you hate people asking about your sexuality?

Are you sure? You've never been with a girl. (Courtesy of my mother.) 




7. What’s your favourite thing about the LGBTQ+ community?

Everyone is so accepting and understanding. (For the most part anyway.)




8. Have you ever been to a gay bar?

No, and I'm sad about it. I wanna go as soon as it's safe to leave the house again without risking getting sick.




9. Who is your favourite LGBTQ+ Icon/Advocate/Celebrity?

Lady Gaga. I just adore her! She's a loud and proud LGBTQ+ Member and I love her! Also John Barrowman! I adored him in Doctor Who! He's just the best. 




10. Have you been in a relationship and how did you meet?

Nope, I've eternally single. If I ever do meet anyone it will probably be online on like Twitter or something.




11. Have you ever faced discrimination?

No, but I know how extraordinarily lucky I am in that regard. Many of my LGBTQ+ brothers and sister haven't been so lucky.




12. Your Favorite LGBTQ+ movie or show?

Can I saw Doctor Who? It isn't LGBTQ+ centric but it handles LGBTQ+ characters so beautifully. Their sexuality isn't their character trait. Jack Harkness is constantly flirting with any creature that has a human-like form and everyone is super chill with it. But it isn't what his character is about.




13. The most ridiculous thing you’ve heard about the LGBTQ+ community?

Probably that we accept paedophiles. They have tried to spread that they are part of our community and people believe that. It's so crazy to me.




14. The LGBTQ+ slur you hate the most?

"Fa**ot" and "D*ke" Words my dad uses way way too much. They are some of the most used but it just really bothers me hearing it from him. When he comments on every girl dating in a tv show it almost feels like he's saying the D-word to me.




15. End this on something you’d like to tell the world about LGBTQ+ Community.

We are just people too. We don't judge you for being straight. We aren't out to get you. We just want to live our lives loving who we love.





I TAG





If I tagged you feel free to do this tag on your blog, youtube or as a thread on your Twitter or IG Stories. :)





THE QUESTIONS:

1. What do you identify as?

2. How did you discover your sexuality?

3. Who was the first person you told?

4. Describe what it was like coming out.

5. If you’re out, How did your parents/guardians/friends react when you told them?

6. What is one question you hate people asking about your sexuality?

7. What’s your favourite thing about the LGBTQ+ community?

8. Have you ever been to a gay bar?

9. Who is your favourite LGBTQ+ Icon/Advocate/Celebrity?

10. Have you been in a relationship and how did you meet?

11. Have you ever faced discrimination?

12. Your Favorite LGBTQ+ movie or show?

13. The most ridiculous thing you’ve heard about the LGBTQ+ community?

14. The LGBTQ+ slur you hate the most?

15. End this on something you’d like to tell the world about LGBTQ+ Community.




That was a lot of fun! I'm so happy it's pride month! I want to do more pride/LGPTQ+ related content! What would you guys like to see me write about? Let me know in the comments!

Let me know if you do this tag! I'd love to read your answers!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!







Photo Credit: Cover Photo was taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post was not sponsored**

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry your family isn't supportive but also glad you're so open about it. I love this tag and I'm so excited to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky that I still have my sister but yeah it's a bit tough. I spent a lot of time hiding from myself. I don't want to hide from the world. :)

      Delete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...