My Art Supply Wishlist

May 29, 2019


The physical art bug has bitten me hard. I want all the art things! ALL OF IT DAMNIT! So buckle up, like my beauty wishlists this is likely to be a long one. From paint to paper to brushes to markers. If it's at a Micheals I probably want it. And some digital art stuff too. So let's get started!


I'm starting out on my physical art journey after 2 years in the digital space so I pretty much want everything there is to explore. Gouache, Watercolor Pencils, Watercolor Brush pens, Colored pencils that aren't Crayola, all the colours and all the makers and all the watercolours I can find!

So to start this list I'm going to go from "my next buys" to "Put it on my Christmas list and wish really hard" First up is the Prismacolor Col-Erase Colored Pencils. I have been seeing all the sketches that DrawingWiffWaffles makes with these pencils and just the construction lines look like a finished piece. She's been using them for Mermay pieces and I am just obsessed! Thanks to Rin I also really want to try the illo Sketchbook.


The entire internet (or the art internet at least) is going crazy for Posca Paint Pens. And I'll admit I'm swooning over them too. I want them! Paint markers sound awesome! I really want the white in like every size to add stars and highlights to art.


I love watercolour but my brushes are super cheap ones from Walmart and have no snap at all. I painted today and the brush kept swinging outside the lines because it was so flexible. Flex can be good but these you have to load the brush and hover or it will bend like a bendy straw. So the question is What ones?

Well, I want to get the classic wood handled round brushes but I also want to get a set of brushes that hold water in the handle. For those, I want to get the Ohuhu 6 Watercolor Painting Brush Set and for the classic ones I want to get, Dynamic Distraction Round Watercolor Brush Set. The DD brushes have really nice reviews on Amazon and are a really nice price for 9 brushes. Under $25 for 9 brushes seems like it's worth the risk on a no-name brand.






I'm currently using Canson Mixed Media paper for my art. It's nice but it buckles when I layer up the colours. I really want to try the Strathmore 400 Series Watercolour paper. It's just so expensive, $11 for 12 9x12? Really? I know it's good stuff but damn. Even if I cut each sheet in half. Anyway, every watercolour artist I follow swears by that paper so I'll have to break down and buy it sometime.


I saw the Helix 360 Circle Maker and I don't know about you all but I can't draw a circle to save my life, I knew I must have it. I think I saw this thing on an Instagram ad but it's like one of those crazy art circle things you'd use when you were a kid to make those looping oval patterns. Anyway, it makes circles perfect in many sized and I need one like yesterday.


Ohuhu is a big competitor to Copics when it comes to alcohol markers, except that the Ohuhu alcohol makers don't have a brush nib. But I saw in their Instagram that they are about to release their entire line of like 120 colours in a brush nib! My alcohol marker set is only 48. Ohuhu is crazy affordable so I will defiantly be picking them up when they come out.


The only coloured pencils I've ever had were Crayola. They are fine pencils but I saw a video of what Student and Pro coloured pencils can do and now all I want is the buttery blendable Prismacolor Coloured Pencils. I didn't know coloured pencils could blend! I was so shookth when I saw that video!


The art internet has been blowing up about Arteza lately. Of all the stuff I've seen as of late the things I want to try are the 48 colour Watercolor palette and the Gouache. I love watercolour and acrylics so gouache seems like the perfect medium for me.


Another watercolour set I'm really interested in is the adorable Koi Travel Watercolor set. It has like 30 colours and comes with a collapsible water holding brush and opens itself up into an easel for your art.


Speaking of Easels I could really use a standing canvas easel and a desk easel. Sorry just tossing this in to remind myself. 


Anyway, back to the supplies. I have the pastel set of Tombow Dual Tip Water Markers and love them to bits! I want every colour they make. Especially after I saw a video where someone drew on paper with the Tombows like a normal marker then used a waterfilled brush to activate the ink and blend them like watercolour. It was magic and I need every pack of Tombows! 


Now on to the more wish and save bits. Copic Sketch Alcohol Markers. The magical marker everyone loves and wants. For now, I'm going to buy the lower cost alcohol markers and replace the ones that run out with Copics. And the really awesome thing is I can refill the Copics after that. Copics are a big cost upfront but aren't as bad once you reach the refill stage. I thought about buying some used since they are refillable after all. But I would want to see them to make sure the nibs aren't damaged so I'm not sure.



Now on to the more digital list. I have an iPad Air 1 so it's not exactly optimized for drawing. Even though the Apple Pencil won't work with it there are pencils that do. The one that seems to be the best option (for me) is the Wacom Bamboo Stylus. It's about $600 cheaper than a Pro and Pencil so I think I'ma try to go for that for now.


However, I do want to save for the iPad Pro 10.5" and the Apple pencil and Procreate. I'm always stunned watching Artist use them on YouTube and I just really want to experience it! I'm hoping that maybe I can save enough by November for a Wicked Black Friday deal or something. Or maybe get a floor model from Best Buy. I don't know I just know I want one!


The last thing on my list today isn't so much an art supply as some cool tech that I only want because of my art. The Cricut Explore Air 2. It's a sticker cutting machine. I really want to make stickers for my Etsy and I don't want to sell something cut out by hand. Because a.) that would kill my hand. and B.) that just isn't clean enough for a professional setting.



WISHLIST:

Prismacolor Col-Erase Erasable Colored Pencils

Illo Sketchbook

Posca Paint Pens

Ohuhu 6 Watercolor Painting Brush Set

Dynamic Distraction Round Watercolor Brush Set

Strathmore 400 Series Watercolor Paper

Helix 360 Degree Angle and Circle Maker

Ohuhu Brush tip Alcohol Markers (Not yet released at the date this post goes live)

Prismacolor Colored Pencils

Arteza Watercolor Palette

Arteza Gouache

Koi Watercolor Travel Set

Tombow Dual Tip Water Markers

Copic Sketch Alcohol Markers

Winster and Newton Watercolors

Wacom Bamboo iOS Stylus Pen

iPad Pro 10.5"

Apple Pencil

Procreate

Cricut Explore Air 2



So those are the art supplies that currently have me drooling and dying a little because they aren't in my arms.

Are your an artist? What art supplies are on your wishlist? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 








Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post was not sponsored** 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...