New Favourite Things

May 20, 2019



It's been so so long since I've done a favourites post of any kind. Monthly posts just got to be too stressful to make. But today I decided to get into it and share some of the things that I've really liked recently. Mostly YouTubers and TV. I take breaks from beauty every once in a while.



But I haven't written it off completely. After watching a lot of Safiya Nygaard's videos I became obsessed with getting a blue lipstick. Turns out that ColourPop has a blue shade of their Ultra matte Liquid lipstick called Class Pet. I love it!! It's the perfect navy blue! It doesn't have a purple undertone like most blue lippies I've seen. It's just blue!

When I ordered Class Pet I also ordered the shades, Pearl Next Door and Rooch. And of all the Reds I have, I don't have reds/berries quite like these two. I love the shades! I think they might be my new favourite red and berry of my 90+ Lip Products. (60-70 of which are red/berry)


In February I got the Sephora birthday gift that was 3 Kat Von D samples. I know Kat is controversial right now but you know what CF beauty from Ulta/Sephora/drugstore is hard to find ok! The Kat Von D Tattoo Liner has a real freaking brush and looks amazing! I need to replace my Maybelline liner now that I'm CF and Kat's Tattoo Liner has my heart. I haven't tried the Setting Powder yet and I haven't really swatched the lippies either but I'm definitely interested in more KVD products.


The other beauty products I've recently started using and loving is the Paul Mitchell Color Care Shampoo and Conditioner. I'm about to dye my hair again so when I ran out of shampoo (which wasn't colour safe and that's why my hair faded so fast. The colour safe shampoo I did buy sucked and wouldn't leave my hair.) I decided to go ahead and get a CS shampoo and conditioner so I wouldn't have to turn around and get a whole new set when I finished dying my hair.

I love the Paul Mitchell Color Care! Even though it's a colour safe it doesn't leave residue in my hair like my last CS products did. My hair doesn't feel weighed down and gross any more guys! It's amazing!


The last beauty thing I wanted to talk about before we move on is using just Witch Hazel for a toner. I've been doing it for the past month and my face is less oily and my skin feels better after I put it on that the Neutrogena one I was using.



So let's talk about YouTubers. Around January I dived head first into the Art community on YouTube. I found so many new creators to enjoy. My favourite artists are DrawingWiffWaffles, Kasey Golden, Emily Artful, Echo GilletteChole Rose, Draw with Jazza, Baylee Jae and animators Hannah HoffmanJaiden Animations and TheOdd1sOut.

My other favourite channels are CrankGameplays (Ethan is the cutest person to ever live) Jenna Marbles, JennaJulien Podcast, Julien Solomita, Simply Nailogical, Safiya Nygaard, Harmony Nice and Gibi ASMR.

Gibi leads perfectly into my next favourite. I recently started liking ASMR. Gibi in particular. She's pretty much the only ASMRist I watch. But I will say watching her makes me what to try creating ASMR. Well, Gibi and Bob Ross reruns.


I'm not sure if it was in my last favourites or not but I have fallen so in love with Bob's Burgers. I was hooked in the first minute. It was so good from the first character exchange. I cry laugh while watching it so much! I just love it! Tina is my spirit animal. I binged all 8 seasons in 3 days.


Since discovering the YouTube art community I have fallen into the deep deep hole that is physical art. I have been a digital artist for about 2 years but at the beginning of this year, I just got bit by the art bug and started doing more and more physical art. I love working with Watercolors the best. I use Prang Watercolors. And I also really love using Alcohol Markers. I currently have Studio 71 Alcohol Markers. But Copics are on my wishlist, so are Ohuhu and Arteza markers. I also use Sakura Micron Fineliners, Fabercastel Kneaded Erasers and Canson Mixed Media Paper.


Something I have become absolutely addicted to is buying fake succulents. I want to get some real ones but I'm worried Salem might try to dig them or eat them. So I need to get some wall mounted shelves up out of his reach first. I love plants and if my dad wasn't worried about Salem digging I'd probably have converted our house into a jungle by now.


So I wanted to finish this off with a few things coming up that I'm really excited about. First, I'm moving my blog to Wix in a few months. Nothing will really change for you guys. Though I will be changing my blog name. Beauty just doesn't fit anymore. Don't worry the zombiegoddessbeauty.com link will still work for a while.

Second, I'm finally starting my YouTube channel. After years and years of wanting to start, I finally ordered a mic and have the camera equipment I want to film with. I've been so inspired by the Art YouTubers I've been watching and I want to create art videos too! I'm still going to do beauty videos and other videos that will add to my blog posts. Like swatch videos to go with reviews and "Swatching every lippie" series.


And third, I've got all the supplies to sell physical prints on my Etsy. I'm working on art pieces now and I'm so excited to launch prints within the next month! Ships worldwide (Though the shipping is quite high for outside the US.) Selling prints has been a goal of mine since I started planning my Etsy shop. But the supplies were so much I just had to launch with digital items. But it's finally happening!



So those are some of my favourite things for pretty much January '19 to now. I should really try to do these favourite posts more often. What have you guys been loving recently? I didn't have many beauty products in this post, do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 








Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post was not sponsored**

1 comment:

  1. Litteraly, why are fake plants so addictive to buy? I'm obessessed with them hahah! Loved this post :)

    Lily Loves | https://www.lilyloves.net/2019/05/is-being-unfashionable-new-fashionable.html

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...