Diary Entry 3

November 09, 2018


My least favourite part about blogging is writing these intros. I never know where to start. I always procrastinate writing because I don't want to write them. Am I alone in this? Anyway, these diary entries are kind of like a life update so let's talk about what's been happing with me.

October was a great month for my blog. Well, the first half. I got back in the writing groove back a bit and ended up writing a lot of fun Halloween content. Then I sort of fell off again for the last two weeks. My dad ended up in the hospital and had to have a wire on his pacemaker replaced so I'm been helping him out. He isn't allowed to lift anything. 

I haven't really had much time to write. Taking care of him and my own doctor appointments I feel like I've been running around in circles. On Halloween, I had to have a filling replaced. But I am really happy they were able to fix it without numbing. My tooth didn't hurt so the dentist said they'd try it without numbing it.

Then this week I also went to the doctor to talk about my allergies. Did you know that most moderate allergies won't show up on the blood test unless you've had recent contact? I'm allergic to wheat on top of being celiac but I have managed to stay completely away from wheat for 6 months so it didn't show up on the test. But it did say I'm allergic to scallops. So Those are 100% off my menu. I've never had them before so I'd say that allergy is stong. My doctor also said to avoid other shellfish and be careful of fish in general. So that's fun.

I started allergy meds and have felt so much better today. I was taking my as needed inhaler every day multiple times a day. 3 days into allergy meds and I haven't used my inhaler all day. I wanna cry. And the celiac thing is going well. I've been cooking for myself and making certified GF frozen food so I've been safe for about 6 months. I fell a lot better but damn I miss real pizza.

I had my first trick-or-treaters this year. I finally moved to a house that gets them and I was so excited. I put on my Jack Skelington onesie and sat on my front steps. The little kiddos were so damn cute! There was a family all dressed as the Flintstones and a pair of siblings dressed as a princess and prince charming. His little jacket even had the shoulder pads with tassels. It looked like something you'd by at Disney. One kid that looked about 13 was Jake from State Farm and another 13-14 year old was dressed as that mannequin head in a hoodie meme that went around a while back. I loved sitting out and seeing all the kids.

After the trick-or-treaters were gone I tried to put up my Christmas tree. A tradition I've had for years. I have a skinny tree I put up in my bedroom and I started putting it up on 12AM Nov 1st a couple years ago. At the stroke of midnight on Halloween, all the pumpkins turn into Christmas trees! However, when I tried to put of my tree I realized Salem was in love with it and loves to climb it. He also can easily knock it over. So I had to take it down and I'm trying to figure out how to tie it down. I tried weighting it and he still knocked it over. I wish I had a fraction of his kitten energy.

I'm going to figure it out this week. I also need to figure out how to anchor the big tree that goes in the living room because it goes up every year on Thanksgiving and I will not let that tradition be compromised. Speaking of Thanksgiving this is my first year since I have been diagnosed with celiac so no stuffing in the turkey. We are thinking about putting the raw ingredients, chopped onion, a stick of celery and a sprig of celery, into the bird so some of the flavours might still get into it.

My next week will be looking into a ton of GF Thanksgiving recipes. I think I might make rolls from scratch rather than making the biscuits from a mix like last year. I really want something with cinnamon too. I'd love apple pie but I don't think I'm ready to take on GF pastry. God talking about all of this is really making me want a cinnamon cookie and a pumpkin spice latte.

I can't wait for the Macy's parade. It's my favourite part of the holiday! The food and the sweets are great and all but I have such a nostalgia for the parade. I remember watching it with my Aunt and my dad while they made Thanksgiving dinner. My Aunt actually pulled out her Christmas decorations one year too. I think that's why I started my tradition of putting up the tree every year on Thanksgiving.

September to December is without a doubt my favourite time of the year. The changing leaves, the pumpkins, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. I just love it all so much!

Oh god, I just realized how much this post turned into word vomit. I'll stop myself now. 

Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a like if you did, it's much appreciated!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me or leave them in the comments below. 








Photo Credit: Photo taken by me with a Canon EOS Rebel T5 with an 18-55mm lens and edited by me in Photoshop.

**This post was not sponsored**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...