Beauty Rules To Live By

April 22, 2015


In my beauty tips post I mentioned a few of the “beauty rules I live by.” These “rules” are things every makeup user should know and use on a daily basis. There aren’t actual rules so you don’t have to use them. But your skin, makeup, and makeup products will thank you. I use all of these every day. Well the everyday ones, some are a once a week thing. I would never recommend something I haven’t tried or don’t do myself.



1.) Kick the Bad Habit

NEVER Pump mascara or any other tube product!

Pumping the wand in and out of the product pushes in air and causes the product to dry out quicker.






2.) Eye Shadow Needs More Than One Brush

Having one brush for blush, one for powder, one for foundation, ect., is fine but you need to have more than one brush for eye shadow. You don’t need a bunch but 2 or 3 for colors and one for blending is a good idea. If you use one for all of it the colors might mix in a weird way and won’t look the way you want and it can mix the colors in their pots.




3.) DO NOT SLEEP WITH YOUR MAKEUP ON!!

It is so bad for your skin! The makeup can soak into your skin and cause ache and breakouts.





4.) Keep Your Tools Clean

4.1) Clean your dirty brushes once a week. You can clean them with brush cleaner or baby shampoo. I am going to post a brush cleaning how-to in the near future.


4.2) Clean your sharpeners after every use. Cleaning them right after you use them will make it easier to get product off so it won’t cake up and get on your other products. I don’t know about you but I don’t want red on my eyeliner or black on my lip liner, that why I keep a sharpener for each type of product.


 Quick How-To:

First clean any grime from the outside with a baby wipe or a paper towel and some rubbing alcohol. Then remove the cover and wipe the inside of it with the baby wipe/paper towel. Then tap the sharpener on your table to get out any shavings. Then with a Q-Tip and some rubbing alcohol wipe the tops of the blades. Then with the other side of the Q-Tip and rubbing alcohol clean the inside of the sharpener barrels.


 

5.) Moisturize You Face Every day.

No matter what your skin type is, no matter how oily your skin is, you need to moisturize your face every day. Just ask Lex. (Lex is a YouTuber and is licensed in esthetics, which is skin care. The link is to her video about skin care.)






Disclaimer: I AM NOT a professional makeup artist. You could say I am a self taught makeup artist as I have taught myself a lot though trial and error and playing with makeup. I have researched a lot of things on makeup over the past few years. I’m not claiming to know everything but I think I’ve got the basics down and want to make learning them easier for anyone just starting to get into makeup. I am not a newbie anymore but I’m not makeup vet either. 

Photo credit: Background photo found on google, text added with Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...