Beauty Tips & Tricks

April 16, 2015

I have been playing around with makeup and beauty stuff for quite awhile now, and I’ve picked up a few tips and tricks over the past few years. I have created a list of some of the tricks I use all the time, and a few of the makeup rules I live by.

1.) Saving On High-End Makeup


1.1) When buying high-end products buy the mini/travel sizes. They are usually only half a size smaller than the full size and are usually less than half the cost. Plus with a smaller size you are more likely to use all of the product before it goes bad.

1.2) A lot of high-end brands have sets and kits of travel sized products, these kits are totally worth it. Ulta a travel kit of three Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils that are only 1/4 smaller that the full size pencils for $19. One full size pencil is $20! I love the kit deals.
 




2.) Uses for Baby Wipes in Beauty

2.1) I like to use baby wipes to remove some of my makeup at night before I wash my face. The baby wipes remove most of the makeup and makes it easier to get all the makeup off your face. And baby wipes can work as makeup remover on their own if you’re traveling and can’t wash your face as you normally would. I would also recommend that if you are going camping or somewhere where you can’t wash you face every day that you take baby wipes for a quick face wash.
   
2.2) Baby wipes are also great for cleaning product off your hands while applying your makeup. I apply my BB cream and concealer with my fingers and baby wipes are great so I don’t have to run from my vanity to the bathroom sink. Baby wipes are also great to clean your vanity after you finish doing your makeup.







3.) Kick the Bad Habit 

NEVER PUMP your mascara or any other tube products. Pumping the wand in and out of the product pushes in air and causes the product to dry out quicker.




4.) Concealer Tricks

4.1) Apply concealer after foundation. The foundation may provide enough coverage to cover any spots you may have.

4.2) Apply under eye concealer in a large triangle instead of an oval. It will provide better coverage and blend into the foundation better.

5.) Get a Better Curl on Your Lashes
When curling your lashes curl them like normal then before you release the presser turn the curler up and pinch the curler again then release. (I hope that made sense.)


6.) Mascara Tricks
6.1) Apply mascara to the bottom lashes with an angled or detailer brush.
6.2) Use your mascara as eyeliner for a perfect match. Just apply it with an angled brush.
  
7.) Keep Your Tools Clean
7.1) Wash all of your dirty brushes once a week. You can use brush cleanser or baby shampoo. Always keep the head of the brush facing down so water does not collect in the base and loosen the glue on the hairs. I will be posting a How-To on cleaning brushes with photos in the near future.
7.2) Clean you sharpeners after every use. Quick How-To
First clean any grime from the outside with a baby wipe or a paper towel and some rubbing alcohol. Then remove the cover and wipe the inside of it with the baby wipe/paper towel. Then tap the sharpener on your table to get out any shavings. Then with a Q-Tip and some rubbing alcohol wipe the tops of the blades. Then with the other side of the Q-Tip and rubbing alcohol clean the inside of the sharpener barrels.
 
 

8.) DO NOT SLEEP IN YOUR MAKEUP
It is so bad for your skin.




9.) Easier Way to Apply Bronzer to Your Cheeks
If you can’t do the fish face, or don’t want to, to plot out your bronzer you can use your brush. How-To:
Take your brush and line up handle where the bronzer generally goes. Line the tip of the handle with your ear and the far end with the corner or your mouth. Apply the bronzer on that line from your ear to about half an inch from your mouth. Don’t forget to blend it out.

10.) Keep Different Sharpeners
Have different sharpeners for the different pencils for the different parts of the face. One for lips, one for eyes, ect. Even if you clean your sharpener after you use it there still may be some color still left it. I don’t know about you but I don’t what red in my eyeliner, or black in my lip liner.
   
These are a few tips and tricks I’ve picked up. I may post a part 2 in the future. I hope these made sense. I tend to ramble and not make any sense.

 


Disclaimer: I AM NOT a professional makeup artist. You could say I am a self taught makeup artist as I have taught myself a lot though trial and error and playing with makeup. I have researched a lot of things on makeup over the past few years. I’m not claiming to know everything but I think I’ve got the basics down and want to make learning them easier for anyone just starting to get into makeup. I am not a newbie anymore but I’m not makeup vet either.
Photo Credit: Background image from pixabay.com and edited by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...