Makeup Dupes!

July 14, 2015


I’m so excited for Makeup Dupes!! If you don’t know what a makeup dupe is dupe is short for duplicate, a makeup dupe is a drugstore makeup product that has the quality, look, feel, or is very similar to a high-end product. Most dupes are just color matches. I love the just color matches to the complete copies.


I have personally tried and tested all of the dupes mentioned in this post. I love all of these products!




Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Liner VS. Rimmel London Scandaleyes Kohl Eye Liner





Urban Decay’s liner is amazing! It’s smooth, creaming, and defiantly has the staying power promised. The Rimmel liner looks and feels identical. The Rimmel liner has a little less wear time but it is still amazing. I’ve had 8 hour wear from the Rimmel liner. When I took my makeup off at the end of the day it was still going strong.


Urban has more colors than Rimmel but Rimmel has some great colors. They have all of the staple colors, black, navy, nude, and brown. As well as purple, glittery black, and turquoise.




Prices:
Urban Decay Liner - $20

Rimmel London Liner - $4.49
 

Savings: $15.51






Lorac Matte Bronzer VS. NYX Cosmetics Matte Bronzer





The Lorac bronzer I am referring to is their matte bronzer found in palettes and compacts, like the one in the blush and bronzer duo, the highlighter and bronzer duo, and the PRO To Go Palette.

Their matte bronzer is smooth and applies so nicely. It is powdery without being chalky. I love it! I think what I love most about this bronzer is that it is a brown undertone bronzer instead of the normal orange.


The NYX matte bronzer is a perfect copy. I love it!


Price:

Lorac doesn’t sell the matte bronzer by itself so I’ll list the products you can find the matte bronzer in.

Lorac Blush/Bronzer Duo - $30
Lorac Tantalizer Highlighter & Matte Bronzer Duo - $33
Lorac PRO To Go Palette - $38

NYX Cosmetics Matte Bronzer - $8.99


Savings:

Blush/Bronzer - $21.01

Highlighter & Bronzer - $24.01

PRO Palette - $29.01




itCosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream VS Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream


 
Both of these creams are light on the skin. The itCosmetics CC cream has a little less pigmentation than the Maybelline BB cream. Personally I think the Maybelline is better. It has more coverage and feels lighter. Although the itCosmetics CC cream has SPF 50 and the Maybelline only has 30.

I still prefer the Maybelline cream over the itCosmetics CC Cream.


Price:
itCosmetics CC Cream - $30
Maybelline BB Cream - $8.99

Savings: $21.01




Stila In The Know VS. Sonia Kashuk Eye On The Neutral 02 Eyeshadow Palette



Both of these palettes are all matte palettes. They are both nude shades. The Stila palette has 10 shades while the Sonia Kashuk palette has 12 shades. The shadows are so smooth and pigmented from both palettes. 
There is only one shade from the Stila palette that does not have a copy in the Sonia palette. It’s the shade Fire, a reddish orangey color. But there are 3 more shades in the Sonia palette than the Stila one. 

The Sonia Kashuk palette also dupes for most of the all matt palettes on the market. It has all the shades of the Too Faced palette and 6 more shades. Almost all the all matte palettes out there are nudes.


think the Sonia palette is definitely the one to go with. Out of all the nude palettes I’ve seen it has the most shades. And it’s like a 3x6 palette so it fits into almost any makeup bag. Bonus!


Price:
Stila In The Know Palette - $39 (original retail, Ulta and Sephora no longer carry it)

Sonia Kashuk 02 Palette - $19.99 (Sonia Kashuk products can be found at Target)

Savings: $19.01



Yay dupes! I have some more of these but I didn’t want this to go on forever. I’ll say them for later after I’ve collected a few more.
If you have any dupes you want me to try or test I’d love to hear about them. Leave them in the comments below.
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to message me. If you liked this post or topic let me know in the comments below. Much Love!






 
Disclaimer: I AM NOT a professional makeup artist. You could say I am a self taught makeup artist as I have taught myself a lot through trial and error and playing with makeup. I have researched a lot of things on makeup over the past few years. I’m not claiming to know everything but I think I’ve got the basics down and want to make learning them easier for anyone just starting to get into makeup. I am not a newbie anymore but I’m not makeup vet either.
All photos were taken with a Canon T5 and a 18-55mm lens.

2 comments:

  1. Great post, I've been trying to find a dupe for the Urban Decay Liner for ages so I'll have to check this out �� x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post dedicated to makeup! Even if you are not an expert, you provide excellent stuff over here. Thank you for the swatches.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...