Beauty Tips & Tricks - Part 2

July 25, 2015


I’m back with more beauty tips & tricks! I did part one to this a few months ago. And now I have a few more tricks for you guys.
There aren’t as many this time around. I just wanted to do this as a quick post. I’m still on vacation and finding time to write is hard.
So let’s get into this.




1. Tightlining
  1.1) Tightline before you apply shadow. You don’t want to spend time on a great shadow look and then have to go back and tightline. I’ve forgotten this a few times and tightlining after shadow is a pain.
  1.2) If tightlining with a pencil is too hard for you or you are intimidated by it, try tightlining with an angled brush. Swatch your liner on your hand then run an angled liner brush through it and then use it to tightline. You can get more control with a brush and it’s less scary to put a brush near your eye than a pencil.





2.) Double Duty: Shadow for Primer
      Apply a white eyeliner or cream shadow as a base. It will act as a primer and will make your colors truer. You may want to throw a primer under it to help with removal.






3.) Spoolie Brush Tricks
    3.1) Run a clean spoolie through your lashes after applying shadow before you apply mascara.
    3.2) Run a clean spoolie through your lashes after applying mascara to remove clumps and separate your lashes.






4.) Make You Nail Polish Last Longer
One of the biggest things that causes your polish to chip quickly is oil on your nails. Run a cotton ball or pad with nail polish remover over your nails just before you apply a base coat. The remover strips the oils and helps your polish create a better hold on your nails.



I think this is the shortest post I’ve ever had. I made this a quick one because I’m on vacation and finding time to write has been a little difficult.
I am on my way home as this post goes live. I am so happy to be going home. Visiting family was nice but I really miss my bed. I might write a post about my trip to Myrtle Beach within the next week or so. I have so many awesome photos of the Carolina’s Nature to share.


Can’t believe how fast this month has gone. My next post is going to be July Favorites. I’m not sure I’m prepared for that already.
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to message me. If you liked this post or topic let me know in the comments below. Much Love!   









Disclaimer: I AM NOT a professional makeup artist. You could say I am a self taught makeup artist as I have taught myself a lot through trial and error and playing with makeup. I have researched a lot of things on makeup over the past few years. I’m not claiming to know everything but I think I’ve got the basics down and want to make learning them easier for anyone just starting to get into makeup. I am not a newbie anymore but I’m not makeup vet either.   

 Photo Credit: Background image from pixabay.com and edited by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...