That Type of Person TAG - Beauty Edition

August 25, 2015




















If you are into YouTube you probably know or have heard of Connor Franta. He is an American Vlogger and has 4.8 million subscribers on his main YouTube channel www.youtube.com/connorfranta. I personally love him and his videos. I think he is hilarious. His channel is just a lot of fun and he is so adorable!
 
Connor is the creator of the That Type of Person Tag. You can click here to see his original video. Today I have decided to do the tag but I wanted to put a beauty spin on it.

Like the original tag this version has 30 questions. These ones are all about beauty, ranging from makeup to hair to nails. I hope you enjoy this tag and feel free to do this tag yourself. Please just give credit to Connor and myself. (If you are doing the beauty version) I will leave a copy of the beauty questions in the comments.




Makeup


Matte or Shimmer?
Matte! Hands down! I hate shimmer.


Glitter? Yes or No.
No! I hate glitter! It’s the spawn of Satan. You have one piece turn your back and then you have 5,000. And it sticks to everything!


All over powder or Dewy foundation?
All over powder. I hate when my foundation looks wet. Some girls can pull it off but on me it just looks like sweat.


Highlighter? Yes or No
No to actually highlighters because it’s all shimmer and glitter. But I love to highlight with matte eyeshadow that is white or a very light nude.


Lip Gloss? Yes or No
No. I’m more into high pigments and mattes. Lip gloss is too sticky for me and I’m not that into shiny lips and I have to have more pigment.


Lip Liner? Yes or No
Same answer I had in my Lip Product Addict Tag. Yes and no. When I wear it I usually wear it by itself. I very rarely wear it under and when I do it’s usually to do a darker corners look or I’ll line the outside a pull it in with a lip brush to create an ombre look. I mostly prefer to wear it on its own.


Primer? Yes or No
Face primer, yes, but I don’t always wear it. I love the effect it has but sometimes I just don’t feel like doing that extra step. Eye primer, yes always.


Nude or Color Lips?
Color! Hands down! I don’t even own a nude lippie. I love reds, pinks, brights, darks, corals, purples. I just love that pop of color.


Nude or Color Shadow?
50/50. I love brights and colors in the spring and summer but I love nudes all year around. I think I love nudes more because they are easier to find in matte. Seriously someone make a matte brights palette!


Bold lip or Bold eye?
Bold lip! But I occasionally I do both. When I do a bold eye or a bright eye I still always have a fun lip. Like I said I don’t even own a nude.


Fake Lashes? Yes or No
I’ve never tried fake lashes. They would hit my glass so I never saw the point in trying. I don’t own a pair of contacts and don’t like them. I was never really into big lashes either. I’m not big on mascara either. I kind of want to try them now thought but the thought of gluing synthetic hairs to my eye lids is still weird for me.


Brows? Filled to Look Natural or Over Drawn?
Defiantly filled to look natural. Since day one. I hate over drawn brows on anyone. Shaping them is one thing but crazy drawn brows don’t look good.


Lipstick or Lip Gloss?
Hands down Lipstick! I don’t really like gloss. Some people consider lip lacquers and other lip products in tubes to be lip gloss. But I think of lip gloss as the barely pigmented sticky goo that never dries so you always have transfer. I am not a fan of lip gloss at all. But I am in complete and deeply mad love with Lipstick.


Liquid or Pencil Liner?
Pencil. I use pencils more often and I use them for shadow too.


Cream or Powder Products?
Powder. For me powder blends easier and I love the look of powder more.


Brushes or Sponges?
Brushes 100%. I think the brushes give more control and they apply product better in my opinion.






Body

Lotion or Body Butter?

I use lotion after every shower. But I do use body butter after I exfoliate because it has more moisturizing powder it in. I use The Body Shop Body Butter once a week about I exfoliate because it has vitamin E in it. They rest of the time I use Victoria’s Secret Pure Seduction Body Lotion.


Fake Tan? Yes or No
No to tanning beds 1 million %. And almost all self tanners are orange and stain everything. They only fake tan I’m up for trying is the St Tropez 1 Hour Express Tan. I quite pale but I actually like it.






Hair


Hairspray? Yes or No
No. I hate the way it makes my hair feel! And any hairspray I’ve ever smelt was terrible.


Hair Teasing? Yes or No

No. My hair is already a little fluffy itself and when it’s short, just past my collar bone, and I blow dry it is as fluffy as can be and has a lot of volume so I really don’t need to tease it. I also just really love the soft natural look.


Curly Wavy or Straight?

My hair was naturally straight and flat as a kid now a days it is a little more wavy and has more volume if I let it air dry. When I blow dry it has some volume to it but stays straight. I prefer it straight or wavy. I occasionally like curls but not very often.


Tight Curls or Big Loose Curls?
When I do want curls they have to be big loose curls. I never have liked tight small curls.


Long Short or Medium Hair?
I’ve had all three and I can say that my hair is never going shorter than my collar bone. Not for a long time. So Medium or long. No short.


Hair Straightening? Yes or No
Yes. I used to straighten my hair before it started getting fluffy but now that it is fluffy I defiantly straighten it. I don’t have to straighten it when I blow dry. But It gets really fluffy the second day. Or if I let it air dry. So I defiant yes to straightening.


Dry Shampoo? Yes or No
Absolutely! My hair is so oily that by the day after washing it, it looks soaking wet, sometimes. It’s not that terrible all the time thought. But I definitely have to use dry shampoo the day after.


Leave-in Conditioner? Yes or No
Again Absolutely! I have had a hard time with my hair since I was a little kid. I would get tangles just sitting still. When I started getting my hair done at a salon the hair dresser introduced me to It’s a 10 Leave-in Conditioner. It was a miracle! I tried so many detangle and leave-in products since I was a kid and nothing worked. The It’s a 10 is the only thing that has ever worked. The one with keratin works better for me. Both the original and the keratin formulas smell amazing! I love the It’s a 10!





Nails


Dark or Bright Nails?
I can wear black all year around. But I love brights and pastels in the spring and summer. And I love fall and winter colors. Light blue is amazing in December and January!


Real Nails or Acrylics?
Before I stopped biting my nails I loved to use acrylics to make my nails longer but I always broke them quickly and always thought they felt weird. My nails are longer now so defiantly real.


Long or Short Nails?
I love when my nails grow out. But then I always break them. I keep them about medium length but I always get to lazy to file them and they end up breaking.


Nail Art Stickers? Yes or No
I don’t really like the individual stickers that look like flowers or hearts or animals but I do like the full nail stickers. And I love Sally Hansen’s Real Nail Polish Nail Stickers! They are nail polish made into sticker! They are amazing!




This tag was so much fun! I wrote it faster than I thought I would, and I really enjoyed answering the questions. I didn’t want to stop to take a break. I’ll leave a copy of the questions in the comments if you want to do the tag. Please just give Connor credit for inventing the tag and please link to this post as I came up with the beauty questions. I might do Connor’s original tag sometime in the future.

In the comments below let me know your favorite question from the tag and your answer. Please feel free to do more than one question.


If you have any questions or concerns feel free to message me. If you liked this post or topic let me know in the comments below. Much Love!   








 Disclaimer: I AM NOT a professional makeup artist. You could say I am a self taught makeup artist as I have taught myself a lot through trial and error and playing with makeup. I have researched a lot of things on makeup over the past few years. I’m not claiming to know everything but I think I’ve got the basics down and want to make learning them easier for anyone just starting to get into makeup. I am not a newbie anymore but I’m not makeup vet either. 


Photo Credit: Background from pexels.com and edited by me.

1 comment:

  1. Makeup
    Matte or Shimmer?
    Glitter? Yes or No
    All Over Powder or Dewy Foundation?
    Highlighter? Yes or No
    Lip Gloss? Yes or No
    Lip Liner? Yes or No
    Primer? Yes or No
    Nude or Color Lips?
    Nude or Color Shadow?
    Bold Eye or Bold Lip?
    Fake Lashes? Yes or No
    Brows - Filled to Look Natural or Over Drawn?
    Lipstick or Lip Gloss?
    Liquid or Pencil Liner?
    Cream or Powder Products?
    Brushes or Sponges?




    Body
    Lotion or Body Butter?
    Fake Tan? Yes or No




    Hair
    Hairspray? Yes or No
    Hair Teasing? Yes or No
    Curly Wavy or Straight?
    Tight Curls or Big Loose Curls?
    Long Short or Medium Hair?
    Hair Straightening? Yes or No
    Dry Shampoo? Yes or No
    Leave-in Conditioner? Yes or No




    Nails
    Dark or Bright Nails?
    Real Nails or Acrylics?
    Long or Short Nails?
    Nail Art Stickers? Yes or No

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the comments! I love reading comments and replying to you all! I love chatting with you all! So please leave me a comment and let’s chat!

Make sure you tick the box to get emails so you know when I reply!

**All comments are now published right away but are still moderated. Spam and rude comments will be deleted right away. Full list of comment rules can be found on the disclaimer page.**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...